If your child lives in Nottingham City and was born between 1 September 2003 and 31 August 2004 you can apply to Nottingham City Council for a year 10 place for them at Nottingham University Academy of Science and Technology or any other 14 to 19 school, academy or college in another Local Authority area in September 2018
Please do not complete this form if your child is not currently in Year 9. Please see our New to the Area or Wishing to Change Schools page.
If your child was not born between these dates and you do not wish to apply for a 14 to 19 School, Academy or College, you cannot use the online form above as you will have to apply to the relevant 14 to 19 School, Academy or College directly.
- The Nottingham University Academy of Science and Technology
- How To Apply
- Your application
- Things to Consider When Applying
- What Happens Next
- What happens if I am not offered the 14 to 19 school, academy or college I want?
- More Information
Nottingham University Academy of Science and Technology (NUAST) is a specialist academy offering Year 10 students the chance to specialise in Science, Engineering or Computing whilst continuing to study a full range of EBacc subjects.
Housed in a new, purpose built building with specialist teaching staff and equipment NUAST provides a fresh and different learning experience for 14 year olds and Post 16 students.
Part of NUAST's unique offer to students is its links with local and national business and the University of Nottingham. These links give NUAST students access to a range of enrichment and curriculum opportunities that will prepare them for further study at university or application for modern apprenticeships. An extended working day provides students with opportunities for supervised study and enrichment activities.
NUAST is located in Dunkirk, close to the University of Nottingham Park Campus. Transport access to the building is excellent, with cycle paths, bus stops and tram stops within easy walking distance.
If you would like to find out more about NUAST and what it can offer students wishing to specialise in Engineering/ IT visit the website at www.nuast.org.uk. Alternatively ring them on 0115 859 2040 to arrange a visit or meeting with the principal.
The closing date for applications for a year 10 place at Nottingham University Academy of Science and Technology or any other 14 to 19 school, academy or college in another Local Authority is 31 October 2017. Whilst you can still apply for a place after this date, it will be a late application and won't be considered in the first round and your child may not be offered a place at your preferred school.
View our guides below for more information.
Applications Received After 31 October
If you apply after the closing date of 31 October 2017, you will receive a decision on your application from May 2018 onwards. We will not be able to make a decision on your application prior to this date.
- Fill in your application and name up to four 14 to 19 schools, academies or colleges. This can include schools, academies and colleges outside Nottingham City
- List the schools in order of preference, with your most preferred school, academy or college listed first
- Do not name the same school, academy or college more than once
- Is your child passionate about science, information technology and/or engineering and do they want to work or take more in-depth studies in those subject areas
- Other than the Nottingham University Academy of Science and Technology, 14 to 19 schools, academies and colleges are likely to be quite a distance from your home. Consider how your child will get to school as you are responsible for getting them there. Information on school transport is available on page 18 of the Going to School in Nottingham 2018/19 booklet
- If your child leaves their current school that place will be offered to another child and he/she may not be able to return if you later change your mind
- Before completing your application it is very important that you contact the 14 to 19 school, academy or college and attend information events to understand their admissions criteria and discuss the implications of a move for your child with the Principal and school, academy or college staff
If you apply by the closing date (31 October 2017) you will be notified of the decision on your application by letter posted second class on Thursday, 1 March 2018.
If you apply after 31 October 2017 you will be notified by letter from the end of May 2018 onwards, depending on when you submit your application.
If there are more applications for a school, academy or college than places available, places are offered according to the school, academy or college's over subscription criteria. The admission arrangements and over-subscription criteria for The Nottingham University Academy of Science and Technology is given in the ‘Going to School in Nottingham 2018/19 - Appendix 1’ document above.
For applications for the Nottingham University Academy or Science and Technology a waiting list is kept open until the end of the Autumn 2018 term, i.e. 21 December 2018.
Check the admission arrangements of other 14 to 19 schools, academies or colleges for their waiting lists.
You can appeal against the decision. Information on how to appeal will be included in your decision letter.
View our School Admissions Appeals page for more information on appeals.
More information on how to apply for a 14 to 19 school, academy or college place for September 2018 admissions is available in the Going to School in Nottingham 2018/19 booklet above.
Get our latest updates delivered to your inbox.Sign up for Job Alerts, What's On, Latest News and more...