As the local authority is proposing no changes to the 2019/20 admission arrangements for community schools in Nottingham city from those approved for the 2018/19 school year we will not be consulting publicly on those arrangements. This is in accordance with paragraph 1.42 of the 2014 School Admissions Code.
The admission arrangements will be considered at a meeting of the City Council’s Executive Board on 20 February 2018. A copy of the determined arrangements will be displayed on this website in April 2018.
Community schools in Nottingham are the ones run by Nottingham City Council. This means that the Council is responsible for offering or refusing places at these schools.
Consultation on proposed admission arrangements for the 2019/20 school year – academies and voluntary aided schools
There are other schools in Nottingham responsible for making their own admission arrangements. For these schools/academies the governing body is the admissions authority and it must consult on its admission arrangements unless it is exempt from consulting in accordance with paragraph 1.42 of the School Admissions Code which states that where the admission arrangements have not changed from the previous year there is no requirement to consult, subject to the requirement that admission authorities must consult on their admission arrangements at least once every 7 years, even if there have been no changes during that period.
Academies and voluntary aided schools consulting on their 2019/20 admission arrangements:
- Bluecoat Academy
- Consultation closed on 27 December 2017
- Nottingham Girls’ Academy
- Consultation closed on 8 December 2017
- Robert Shaw Primary School
- Scotholme Academy
- Southwark Primary
- Springfield Academy
- Consultation closed on 6 December 2017
- Stanstead Primary School
- Victoria Primary School
- Whitegate Primary School
- Whitemoor Academy
- William Booth Primary School - Consultation Period was 4 October 2017 to 4 December 2017
The proposed admission arrangements for 2019/20 for any academies and voluntary aided schools that are consulting will be displayed above when they have been received by the Local Authority.
The following Academies have advised the Local Authority that they are not consulting on their 2019/20 arrangements:
- Blessed Robert Widmerpool Catholic Voluntary Academy
- Brocklewood Primary School
- Burford Academy
- Old Basford Primary School
- Our Lady & St Edward Catholic Voluntary Academy
- Our Lady of Perpetual Succour Catholic Voluntary Academy
- Rosslyn Park Primary School
- Sneinton St Stephen’s CE Primary School
- St Augustine’s Catholic Voluntary Academy
- St Margaret Clitherow Catholic Voluntary Academy
- St Mary’s Catholic Voluntary Academy
- St Patrick’s Catholic Voluntary Academy
- St Teresa’s Catholic Voluntary Academy
- The Nottingham Emmanuel School
- The Trinity School
- Whitemoor Primary School
Other schools/academies may confirm that they are not consulting or alternatively post their proposed arrangements for 2019/20 on this site in the near future. If they do, we will provide details of when any comments or objections on the proposed arrangements for these schools/academies must be made by. These should be sent directly to the Chair of Governors of the school/academy in question. The consultation process must be completed for all schools/academies by 31 January 2018 at the very latest.
Consultation on proposed admission arrangements for the 2019/20 school year - schools in Nottinghamshire County Council's area
All local authorities must submit an annual report to the Schools Adjudicator regarding matters relating to the admission of pupils to schools in their area and other related admissions issues. Please click on the link below to view the latest report:
Get our latest updates delivered to your inbox.
Sign up for Job Alerts, What's On, Latest News and more...