Nottingham City Council is a democratic organisation, with 55 Councillors representing electors in the 20 electoral wards in the City of Nottingham. There is a local election every four years when all 55 seats are contested.
To find who the Councillors for your ward are, visit the Find your local Councillors page.
- Executive Councillors
- Executive Assistants
- Leader of Opposition Group
- Councillor Allowances
- Payments to Councillors
- Council's Committee Meetings
- Membership of Committees
- Leader - Councillor Jon Collins
- Deputy Leader - Councillor Graham Chapman
- Lord Mayor - Councillor Leon Unczur
- Sheriff of Nottingham - Councillor Merlita Bryan
- Councillor Jon Collins - Health, Commissioning and Human Resources
- Councillor Graham Chapman - Economic Development, Resources and Regeneration
- Councillor David Mellen - Children's Services
- Councillor David Trimble - Leisure, Culture and Tourism
- Councillor Dave Liversidge - Adults, Housing and the Community Sector
- Councillor Nick McDonald - Jobs, Skills and Business
- Councillor Alex Norris - Area Working, Cleansing and Community Safety
- Councillor Alan Clark - Energy and Sustainability
- Councillor Jane Urquhart - Planning and Transportation
- Councillor Alex Ball
- Councillor Sally Longford
- Councillor Jackie Morris
- Councillor Cat Arnold
- Councillor Nicola Heaton
Conservative Group - Councillor Georgina Culley
Under The Local Authorities (Councillors allowances) (England) regulations 2001, Local Authorities are required to publish details of payments made to Councillors. This includes the basic allowance that all councillors receive, any Special Responsibility Allowances they receive for special roles such as committee chairmanships, portfolio holder roles and political group leadership, as well as any expenses paid for travel, subsistence and carers. This information is published on this website and can be viewed in two ways:
The above documents are published annually and detail the payments made to Councillors within a financial year. The latest available covers the period 1st April 2012 to 31st March 2013.
You can find out more details about Members' Allowances in the constitution. Please click here to view the City Council's constitution.
You can shortly view the Membership of Committees 2012/13 document. This details the membership of all Nottingham City Council committees, boards, panels and joint bodies. It is currently being updated following the annual council on 14th May 2012.
More information about the Council's meetings and committees, including agendas and minutes, can be found on the Committee Online pages.
More information about Councillor's membership of various Committees can be found in Part 2 of the City Council's Constitution. Please click here to view the Constitution.