Nottingham City Council Trading with Checkatrade
Nottingham City Council Trading Standards and Checkatrade are working in partnership to provide an approved trader scheme to help consumers choose a trader they can trust.
Each trader under this scheme undergoes a rigorous vetting procedure that includes:
- An interview carried out by Checkatrade at the trader's home or permanent place of work
- Background checks carried out by Trading Standards
- Liability Insurance check
- Identification checks
- Advice on and commitment to use correct documentation for example invoices, contracts etc
- A Criminal Background Check of the owner or responsible person of the business
- Accreditation and Qualification checks
- Verification of trading address
- Customer reference checks
As well as this, Checkatrade continuously monitors each trader by feedback received from their customers. All feedback is read and all negative feedback is followed up with both the consumer and the trader.
The main benefit of the partnership is that when a consumer chooses a trader that has the Nottingham City Council "Trading Standards Approved" logo they know that they will get a reputable trader that has not only been vetted by Checkatrade but also checked by Trading Standards.
Feedback on traders is really important to Checkatrade. You can view feedback that has been left by previous customers when looking for a suitable trader. You can then leave feedback about their own experience when the job is completed. This can either be done online or by completing and sending back a Freepost reputation report card which the trader will provide.
Traders are monitored continuously by Checkatrade, if any issues should arise, depending on the severity of the problem a trader may be suspended or removed from the scheme entirely.
Nottingham City Council Trading Standards (in partnership with Checkatrade) are committed to protecting consumers, supporting legitimate business and solving the UK's rogue trader problem.
For advice on how to spot a rogue trader and information on checkatrade, please click on the document below